Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Sad Day at Nickelby


We have had a sad morning here at Nickebly. I walked up to the back paddock to gather the "girls" together to bring them down to the shop and I couldn't work out why they weren't coming down as usual. I thought it was because I was running late and the hay contractor was on his way to collect the hay so of course this would be the morning the alpacas decided they didn't want to oblige.

Unfortunately that was not the case. Getting a little closer I could see that Emma had given birth to her baby two months early. Of course it wasn't alive but Emma of course was rather distressed. All her friends decided that they need to lie down and they all started to hum. So whilst I was racing against the clock we had to stop for a moment and all feel sad.

It is early afternoon now and Emma has said good bye to her baby, so this afternoon I have to try and dig a hole in very solid dirt to bury the baby!!


On a happier note, I did promise that I would include a photo of the girls under the sprinkler. Here is a photo of Gracie enjoying the water on our recent hot days.

No comments:

Post a Comment